Are you considering a career in Aerospace? Are you enrolled in Aerospace Studies?
The Ontario Aerospace Council is offering FOUR scholarships for the next academic school year for students going into or currently enrolled into an aerospace studies program at a post-secondary institution (college or university) in Ontario. The value of each scholarship is $2,000 CAD.
CLICK HERE for details, requirements and how to apply. Applications are due Friday May 4th 2018 to OAC and not to the squadron.
In the 2017-2018 Training Year, 283 Squadron will enhance instant communication with Remind. Be sure to still check our website regularily. If there are any important updates, or last minute announcements they will be sent out through the Squadron’s Remind account.
Get information for 283 Air Cadets right on your phone—not on handouts.
Option 1) If you have a smartphone, get push notifications. On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to the following link: rmd.at/283ai Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.
Option 2) If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications. Text the message @283ai to the number (647) 560-1280. * Standard text message rates apply
Option 3) Don’t have a mobile phone? Go to rmd.at/283ai on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.
The new Cadet Activity Portal - Under UPCOMING ACTIVITIES, is a new online registration tool. All cadets and/or parents of 283 Squadron must now register for cadet activities.
Note: If registration is required for a specific activity, a "REGISTER" button will appear in the activity menu. If no button is showing, a registration is not required!
ABSENCE REPORT INSTRUCTIONS
- Cadets are recorded as either “absent excused” or “absent” by the Administration Officer.
- Absences can have a negative effect on a cadets training progression or selection for promotion, leadership positions, summer training positions or recreational trips.
- Completing this form does not automatically result in the cadet being marked as “absent excused”.
- Cadets are marked as “absent excused” by the Administration Officer when the reason for the absence is deemed legitimate. Legitimate reasons for absences may include illness, family or school related absences.
- Cadets who repeatedly report their absence as “illness, family or school related” after the second instance will require further substantiation for their absence in order to be marked as “absent excused” by the Administration Officer.
- Wednesday Parade Nights are considered Mandatory Training Activities. Cadets that attend less than 60% of Wednesday Parade Nights will not progress to the next training level in September. For more information on Proficiency Level Training Requirements – click here.
- To qualify for the Perfect Attendance Award at the end of the training year, a cadet must have no more than two excused absences and no unexcused absences for all mandatory training activities.